The East Asia Regional Council of Schools is an organization of 156 member schools in East Asia.These schools have a total of more than 101,822 pre-K to 12th grade students. EARCOS also has 179 associate members—textbook and software publishers and distributors, universities, financial planners, architectural firms, insurance companies, youth organizations, etc—and 36 individual members.
The mission of EARCOS is to inspire adult and student learning through its leadership and service and fosters intercultural understanding, global citizenship and exceptional educational practices within our learning community. Toward that end EARCOS offers its members the following services:
• Sponsors an Educational Leadership Conference each year in early November
• Sponsors the Teachers’ Conference annually in March.
• Offers EARCOS Leadership Mentorship program to members
• Supports the Global Issues Network (GIN) student conference annually each April.
• Funds over forty (40) weekend workshops and institutes throughout the year hosted by member schools.
• Organizes a Spring meeting for heads of schools annually in April.
• Offers financial support to the International School Nurses Association, the Special Education Network in Asia, and Learning 2.0 conferences.
• Publishes a news magazine, the EARCOS Triannual Magazine, which highlights the activities and accomplishments of member schools.
• Provides an administrator and a teacher salary survey to member schools.
• Recognizes student accomplishments through the Global Citizen Award given annually.