This award is presented to a student who embraces the qualities of a global citizen. This student is a proud representative of his/her nation while respectful of the diversity of other nations, has an open mind, is well informed, aware and empathetic, concerned and caring for others encouraging a sense of community and strongly committed to engagement and action to make the world a better place. Finally, this student is able to interact and communicate effectively with people from all walks of life while having a sense of collective responsibility for all who inhabit the globe.
- will be completing his/her penultimate year (the year before graduation, generally 11th grade).
- understands the interdependence and interconnectedness of both human and ecological issues.
- demonstrates strong collaborative, problem solving, listening, and consensus building skills.
- strives to be well informed on global issues.
- consistently demonstrates a sense of intrinsic voluntarism.
- exhibits extraordinary leadership skills.
- is committed to being an active participant in the coming year's leadership responsibilities.
- is in "good academic standing"
- is conversant in at least two languages.
This will be posted on our web page as well as a list of the recipients of the award.
- The criteria are disseminated to every member school
- The High School Principal should ask faculty for the recommendations of a student using the stated criteria.
- The school should designate a faculty/ administrative six member group with the option of including a student. ( consider using the current recipient in the coming years) to screen all candidates.
- This designated group, all determined at each school site, will select the student who meets the criteria as delineated.
- The students’ name should be submitted to Dr. Joe Petrone (email@example.com) no later than April 25, 2017. EARCOS will send out the commemorative materials to arrive by the middle of May 2017.
- The designated group will write a formal congratulatory letter and deliver it at the schools’ discretion (immediately or at a school awards’ assembly at the end of the year).
- The timing will be at the discretion of the school.
- There may not be a qualified recipient each year at each school site but we would like each school to inform us of their choice or lack thereof.
By selecting a student who has an additional year at your school, EARCOS can support leadership activities for the designated students and the schools will benefit from the student's involvement in student government, leadership, community service and ecological activities. Students identifies as Global Citizens are eligible to apply for one of six $500 grants to support their community service efforts in their final year of high school. click the application link below and submit to Dr. Joe Petrone, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 20th.
» Download Application Form
Please submit the student for EARCOS AWARD for GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP is April 25, 2017. The student's name should be e-mailed to Dr. Joe Petrone (email@example.com) on or before this date.
The deadline for Community Service Grant Application is June 20.
EARCOS will provide an engraved plaque with the student's name, a travel wallet and a certificate will be sent to each school by the middle of May 2017 , in time for the AWARD'S ASSEMBLY.