This award is presented to a student who embraces the qualities of a global citizen. This student is a proud representative of his/her nation while respectful of the diversity of other nations, has an open mind, is well informed, aware and empathetic, concerned and caring for others encouraging a sense of community and strongly committed to engagement and action to make the world a better place. Finally, this student is able to interact and communicate effectively with people from all walks of life while having a sense of collective responsibility for all who inhabit the globe.
Notice of student selections from EARCOS member schools will be posted on the EARCOS web page. Selected students will receive a plaque in recognition of their achievement and will be eligible to apply for one of six $500 EARCOS Community Services Grants.
- The above criteria are available to every member school.
- The High School Principal should ask faculty for recommendations of those students meeting stated expectations.
- The school may wish to designate a faculty-screening group, with the option of including a student, to review recommended candidates.
- This screening group should be appointed at the member school.
- This group selects one Global Citizenship Award recipient from among those recommended candidates.
- The student’s name and other required information should be submitted on this form not later than May 1, 2021
- EARCOS will distribute the commemorative materials, which are intended to arrive by the middle of May 2021.
- The faculty-screening group should write a formal congratulatory letter and deliver it, at the school’s discretion (immediately or at a school awards assembly), at the end of the year along with the engraved plaque supplied by EARCOS.
- There may not be a qualified recipient each year at each school site.
Deadline – Global Citizenship Award – May 1, 2021
The high school principal, or designated faculty member should submit the student’s name and other supporting information on the EARCOS Global Citizenship Award Recipient – School’s Notice Form.
Any questions about the procedure to designate an EARCOS Global Citizenship Award should be directed to Bill Oldread at this email address email@example.com.